Tuesday, March 4, 2014

g&g gbt green + sky blue circle lens review

heyo!! I'm back with another review. it hasn't even been 24 hours #swag

anywho, i decided that since these lenses were from the same series, I would put them in the same post.

these were my first purchase from candylens.com! (i love candylens a lot omg so that's where i get/am going to get most of my future lenses.)

first up, the sky blue.

diameter: 14mm
water content: 38%
base curve: 8.6mm
~~
color: 5/5
comfort: 4.5/5
enlargement: 1/5
overall: 4.5/5

these lenses are surprisingly pigmented. I wasn't expecting them to really cover up my eyes, because I know a lot of blue lenses tend not to. but these were really good at covering the brown, except for a small amount in the middle! they also kinda sorta blend in, because there's no harsh circle in the center of the lens.

they're super duper comfy, though after about eight hours they begin to get a big dry. eyedrops would definitely help. I wore them to a convention and I didn't have eyedrops, and there was only a very mild discomfort toward the end of the day. they also barely slide around in my eyes.

however, these don't give any sort of enlargement. they're good for a natural look, but if you're going for a dolly eye look, I'd say to get a different pair.

all in all, I would recommend these to a friend.

next, the green!

diameter: 14mm
water content: 38%
base curve: 8.6mm
~~
color: 5/5
comfort: 4.5/5
enlargement: 1/5
overall: 4.5/5

honestly these are pretty much the exact same review as the lenses above. the color blends a lot better with my eyes, and they look pretty darn natural. 

same problem with dryness, too. i actually was wearing one blue lens and one green lens for the con i went to, and they both got dry. I'll probably invest in some eyedrops at some point.

and again, no enlargement. good for a natural look, but not a dolly look.

I would recommend these to a friend.

alrighty, that's it for this round! i have one more pair to post a review on, and after I get my other order from candylens, I'll post a review on those. I plan on buying three pairs and I'm gonna be so broke after ahhhhh

but whatever. cosplay crew or die 2k14

No comments:

Post a Comment